Welcome to our School
Some of our Year 5 pupils would like to tell you.....
Town End School is fun, friendly and has lots of kind people. We have a big playground with lots of amazing equipment. Our lovely dinner staff serve us dreamy dinners. We have colourful and informative classrooms and awesome teachers !
Caitlin, Freya, Jack, Harry
On behalf of pupils and staff, I would like to warmly welcome you to our school.
It is the intention of all staff that the children who attend our school enjoy school life to the full and strive to be the best they can be, by learning key skills to lead active healthy lives. There are many activities offered by the school, both inside and outside the classroom, which are challenging and interesting. We believe that we need to provide children with the knowledge and understanding of the wider world in order to be successful British citizens, and these are reflected in our core school aims. Working together - staff, pupils and parents – we strive to ensure children at Town End reach their potential in everything they encounter.
We are very proud of our recent OFSTED report following a visit in June 2018. Please download here.
Mrs Lisa White
Healthy Active School
- Bring along family and friends to our annual event to buy bespoke, artisan, individual craft creations.
- Congratulations to our team, who will receive their medals in assembly on Monday. Thank you to our families who helped to transport pupils.
- Today we have experienced being rock stars playing in a rock band, attended music workshops and been creative artists making musical instruments. Look out for our new Outdoor Music Wall.
- Our music makers rehearsal went well today. If your child is taking part tomorrow evening please can they return to school, in uniform, with instruments and music at 5.45pm.
- As part of preparation for successful Year 6 transition to secondary school, staff and students from Tibshelf Community School came to Town End on Friday to meet our children.
Latest School calendar Events
- Y5/6 Christmas Assembly in Church18Dec2018
10:30 am - 11:30 am @ Tibshelf Church
Church will be open from 10.15am for family visitors to come and share in the assembly with the children. All pupils will return to school in time for lunch.
- Y3/4 Christmas Assembly in Church18Dec2018
2:00 pm - 2:45 pm @ Tibshelf Church
Church is open from 1.45pm for families to join children for this assembly, led by Rev Hesketh. Year 3/4 pupils may leave with Parents/Carers from the church. All remaining pupils will be walked back to school, (please be aware that this may not be in time for the school bus)
- WHOLE SCHOOL TRIP - Pantomine19Dec2018
@ Derby Arena
This is a whole a school trip, and to ensure the safety of all pupils, all staff attend and school is closed. Pupils are asked to have a packed lunch, which we eat at the venue. We return to school for the end of the school day and in time for the school bus. We are grateful to the work of the FSA who sponsor the transport for this event. Consent forms and payment on Parent Pay is now due.
- FSA Christmas Market and Class Enterprise DAy20Dec2018
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm @ Classrooms and School Hall
Come along and bring the family to our Christmas Class Enterprise Day. FSA Christmas markets and refreshments are in the Hall. On entry into school, please sign your child out from their class teacher in their normal classroom. Some children enjoy running stalls. and you can sign them back to teachers if they wish during the afternoon. Please can you ensure your child knows who is coming to the event by writing it in their diary for the class teacher to see, or if no-one is able to attend, please ensure they know how they are getting home at 3:15pm
- Celebration Assembly21Dec2018
9:15 am - 10:00 am @ School Hall
Families' of children receiving awards were sent invites by text on Friday 7th, to join us for this special assembly. The children will not know, until they see your proud faces in the hall on the day. The school hall is limited to numbers for health and safety and therefore we are unable to open to all families.