Town End Assemblies
Our assembly rota is developed around the our core school values of
- Truth/ Honesty
Pupils participate in creating assemblies, presenting work and sharing knowledge and understand about UK and World News in our First News assemblies on Tuesdays.
Our Assemblies promote..
- British values including local, national and international democracy,
- the rule of law,
- mutual respect,
- individual liberty
- tolerance of different faiths and cultures.
- and include time for pupils to respond to ‘Events in the news’ for example the death of Nelson Mandela or the vote for independence in Scotland.
Our Religious Education Curriculum is the Derbyshire Agreed syllabus for RE. As a school we have a rolling 2 year programme which includes the teaching and celebrating of religious events, National days and other cultural events.
2017-18 Christianity, Sikhism and Islam
2018-19 Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism
We have many visitors each half term to our school assemblies, as well as other members of the community supporting our values through work or enterprise.
- Rev Derek Hesketh from St John the Baptist Church in Tibshelf
- Jenny Whittaker and her team from VALLEY CIDS ( Christians in the Derbyshire schools)
In our Friday celebration assemblies; as well as celebrating out of school achievements at Town End, we also celebrate pupil achievements and progress through Team Point Rewards, Headteacher Awards, Playleader and Midday staff awards including pupils nominated to sit on a ‘top table’ on Friday lunchtime.