Assembly Themes 2015
Autumn Term 2015-16 -
British Values - World Cup Rugby, Athletics World Championships,
Equality for all.
Sikh, Islamic and Christian celebrations.
Our assembly rota is developed around the our core school values of
- Truth/ Honesty
Our Assemblies promote..
- British values including local, national and international democracy,
- the rule of law,
- mutual respect,
- individual liberty
- tolerance of different faiths and cultures.
- and include time for pupils to respond to ‘Events in the news’ for example the death of Nelson Mandela or the vote for independence in Scotland.
Our Religious Education Curriculum is the Derbyshire Agreed syllabus for RE. As a school we have a rolling 2 year programme which includes the teaching and celebrating of religious events, National days and other cultural events.
2015-16 Christianity, Sikhism and Islam
2016-17 Christianity, Judaism and Hinduism
We have many visitors each half term to our school assemblies, as well as other members of the community supporting our values through work or enterprise.
- Rev Derek Hesketh from St John the Baptist Church in Tibshelf
- Michael Fenton from MAST ( Matlock School Assembly Team )
- Jenny Whittaker and her team from VALLEY CIDS ( Christians in the Derbyshire schools)
In our Friday celebration assemblies; as well as celebrating out of school achievements at Townend, we also celebrate pupil achievements and progress through Team Point Rewards, Headteacher Awards, Playleader and Midday staff awards including pupils nominated to sit on a ‘top table’ on Friday lunchtime.